Thursday 26 April 2012

April 26, 2012 (Part 1)

It's amazing how time flies. I've finally finished my third year of studies.  A year ago, I remember writing about my trunk LED DIY.  This time, I have less radical plans for my baby.

So back in November, an online reputable shop had a massive sale on its products.  I've decided to buy a CF grille to replace the hideous chrome slab that I don't understand why Honda would choose to include in its designs.  I've never got the chance to install it because of exams until late December.  Surprisingly, the CF grille didn't fit and fortunately I was able to exchange for something of equivalent value; Mugen Replica Visors.  Yes, I probably could have ordered it from eBay for way cheaper but I didn't want to take the risk since there are many horrible ones out there on the market.  Anyway, I finally had the time to install them today.

These visors look great from the outside and inside.  They're held on by 3M double sided tape and are translucent which do offer visibility as well as shade from the blinding sun.  Installation was pretty easy but prudence is needed to ensure satisfactory results.  Before sticking the visors on, make sure you warm up the tape as it will help it stick better.  Make sure you CLEAN the surface where the tape will adhere to with rubbing alcohol.  Once dried, only then shall you carefully position and stick them on.

Now you may be wondering what I am going to do about the ugly chrome grille (and trunk trim) since that idea of replacing it with actual CF failed.  Well, this will be the second phase of my project.  I will be wrapping it in MacTac Gloss Black Vinyl that I bought from NextMod for $20.  I've never done a wrapping job before (let alone wrapping Christmas gifts) so this will be a definite challenge.  I shall report my progress in another entry.

(All Waxed and Sexy)
(Inside view from the rear view mirror)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and give feedback!