Sunday 16 June 2013

June 16, 2013

It's been a while since I last updated.  I officially graduated from the long dreadful hellhole - of course this blog is not about bashing as I clearly done enough of that in the survey they kindly provided =P. Anyway, I have to count my lucky stars for finding a stable source of income. Sometimes it is indeed all about networks - so if you're that specific person that's reading this, thanks.

Anyway, so I bought a can of Plastidip from one of my good friends last year around this time but I never really got a chance to use it until now. For those who are wondering, google Plastidip and watch those Youtube videos. Plastidip is a neat little product that's a rubber compound but applies just like a spray can/paint. The beauty of it is its "easy" (easy but I managed to f up lol) to install and remove if you don't like it.

My intentions of this purchase was to black out the badges in the rear to make a "clean" ass. As you can see from the final product pics, I only done half of it - with the rest done hopefully next weekend. I won't go too much into the details about the DIY as there are tons of Youtube videos. Tips wise, I will have to say PATIENCE is a virtue. You can't rush it. Masking tape can be used instead of that expensive painters tape and make sure you use amble newspaper to prevent oversprays. Also, don't get too excited and spray a shitload for each layer and don't spray it from too far of a distance as you'll get runs and bumps =(. Removing the excess is the most tricky part IMO as it sometimes snags and you end up removing what you don't want to - Shh. I tried my best. Other than that... I think it looks good. No more ugly chrome that Honda seems to be a fan of. >.< Enjoy!

PS I can't wait to install my Eibach 19mm swaybar. :D


(Note the Newspaper use)
(After the 4th and final layer)

                                                  (Finished Product)                                                                       (Finished Product)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and give feedback!